Monday, March 05, 2007

Under the SEA- my new scuba friends

Did my scuba diver course a while back and have been on their mailing list for a while now. They just relocated/merged with a shop in Muizenberg. With my last dive being in Mozambique in December 2003, I decided it was time to get underwater again! With the ridiculous pricing in place, I just had to see what the catch was.

I'd be restricted to a morning only with a busy week-end, but got my first ever wreck dive in. I was a little anxious with the extended time since the last dive. Luckily my buddy, Adrian, was really patient and is doing the time to be a master diver/instructor, so taking me down was his bread and butter.

We descended to the sea floor, and did a few refresher exercises – taking off mask, losing regulator etc. and then moved onto the wreck itself. It's actually an old fishing trawler, and was scuttled in 1982. The hull is quite intact and easy to see from the bow. There was amazing vis for False Bay and so much to see. The anchor from our duck had actually landed on the deck(gps helps!). All in all, a great dive and I'm scared of getting bitten by the scuba bug again! This is all fitting in with my master plan of a Mozambique trip later in the year.


Now the important part, what does it cost?I'm not totally sure how their pricing actually works, because it makes no economic sense. It might actually be a front for the arms deal for all I know, as it's and absolute steal! I paid R120 for a boat dive, including all equipment but my mask, cylinder and boat ride – ridiculous really.

Get yourself on their mailing list
(info@diverschoices.co.za)
and tell them that Steve sent you, or just phone and ask for Phil! They're near the corner surf shop, behind what was “The acoustic Cafe”. I'll just paste in the end of the last email:

First weekend of the month special

It’s the beginning of a new month and DiversChoices is celebrating with boat dive specials! One boat dive will

Cost you R120, 2 boat dives R 180 and 3 boat dives for only R 240! It’s a steal of a deal folks so don’t miss out!

also, bring along some spare change as we'll be serving up some tasty boereworse rolls for only R 7. Cool drinks

will also be available.



Boat Dive Schedule

Saturday March 3rd, 2007

09:00 - The Wrecks of Smitswinkel Bay max depth. 40m

11:00 - Roman Rock max depth. 25m

13:00 - Divers choice???



Sunday March 4th, 2007

09:00 - Big Blue (Fun, Fun, Fun)

11:00 - Pyramid Rock max. Depth. 12m

13:00 - Divers choice???



Remember to arrive at the launch site 45 minutes prior to launch.

To book for your spot please call us at 021 788 8473 or alternatively at

082 468 3956 and confirm your booking the evening prior to launch.



Seating is limited so book in advance!

We look forward to hearing from you and can't wait to dive with you!

No comments: