Monday, March 26, 2007

Rise and Shine and Rock

I don't get round to listening to much radio these days, Radio Five
cut me off their target market a few years back and started playing
Hop Hip incessantly between all the ads. I only live 5 minutes from
work, and there actually isn't even one in my car (scared of the
gangsters, so I just have an amp and six by nines under the seat – the
best Sansui system you can get from Hifi Corp for under two hundred
bucks, all powered by Ipod).

I've been an advocate of Radio 2000 for a while now, mainly because
they normally have DJ Pentium shuffling a very diverse and advertless
playlist whenever there isn't any sport on. They've started a
breakfast program – 'Moe G's Big Breakfast', and it rocks! He might
possibly be Ali's brutha and I think he's ex 5FM too, but seems to
have full control over his music choice. Just picture my stereo
switching on with Alice Cooper's Poison or me playing air guitar in
the shower to ACDC's Thunderstruck. What a great way to start the day,
I do feel a little bit bad about not punting Nic's KFM breakfast, but
he's running out of time to deliver Minki on my doorstep, and I'm sure
you knew about it anyway.

Now that India and Pakistan are on their way home, speculation is rife
as to what the Mumbai and Karachi bookies are offering bets on. The
latest spreads on Bob's killer are:
Match Fixing mafia: 2 -1
Inzi: 9-2
Shoaib Akhtar: 9-2
Darrel Hair: 6-1
Hansie Cronje's brother: 12-1
Diabetes/Heart Attack: 15-1
Mrs Brown with the candlestick: 200-1

Get your bets in soon, when the videotapes come out on YouTube the
odds will shorten rapidly

No comments: