Monday, June 02, 2008

The Fire Sale

It's probably considered a disease because I'm not the only one with it. And i got a real bad case too.

Firesales - just can't avoid them. The CapeStorm one is legendry, and the firstAscent one did not disappoint either. So very kak news in that muizies' Bike Store, the Bike Haven has had to close, for now. Justin Berry is a very cool guy, but they been robbed 3 times in the very recent history. This despite the fact that the copshop is just the other side of the field.

Sitting Ducks

So in a bid to avoid bankruptcy and clear some stock, they had a daylight robbery sale. After punishing my Wellgo SPD pedals for nigh on 7 years, I opted to stick with the brand. I haven't been overly impressed, so was in a real quandry on Saturday. Go for Crank Bros Candy C's or a Ritchey SPD set? At below cost? Well even my fast disappearing budget wanted 'em both, so we'll see which set gets the nod.

No comments: