Friday, June 29, 2007

The world is Two Wheeled





It appears we have hit Bike Madness Month. Got the Oyster Festival next week-end, with a 80km MTB race spiced up with a 110km road race....The lottery closes for the Cape Epic tomorrow.....Joined the Warthogs on a night ride up Tokai last night, was really cool, time to build me some serious daylighters...the UCI B World Champs are in CT, with the road race following the Argus route plus a few laps on Sunday......Le Tour De France starts next saturday, in London of all places, and we have Team Barlowworld on the startline with a wildcard.



It looks like The Cape Epic has become the Argus Yardstick for mountain biking - you don't really count if you haven't done it. But to me the Epic is for rich people with fancy bikes and has roadies on the podium. Don't get me wrong, if I could find someone to bankroll it, I'd be there. I have bought into the whole EPIC vibe by ordering 2 of their tents that they were shelling out, they've now sent me 6! But the EPIC pales into comparison when one looks at the 15 souls on the Freedom Challenge.



I'm not going to say much about it, because I want you to put 10 minutes aside and go explore the site for yourself. Go to {Trail Races/2007 Races/Race Logs http://www.freedomchallenge.org.za/rasa2007/index.php} and read some of the blogs with reports from guys on the road. Talk is cheap, but I think there's a really good chance I could get myself on the startline next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

where did u hear about the freedom challenge? sounds pretty amazing... jeah and talk is cheap! want a partner for next year?

steve said...

came through the line somewhere....I think this is sooo much cooler than the epic, cheaper too, talking of which-talk is cheap, but watch this space!